- Tea and Coffee
- Wine and Liquor
- Homemade Treats
- Supermarket Gift/Rewards Cards
- Year's worth of vitamin and mineral supplements
- Cook Books [Bonus Points: Cook Books on eating frugally]
- Condiments like BBQ Sauce and Special Spices with festive labels
- DIY "Make Your Own Cookies" or other "From Scratch" food kits
[Special Mention: Community-supported Agriculture] A CSA share provides fresh produce from local farms for months. Find a local one by going here and scrolling down to "Find a CSA Farm".]
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Coupon or Discount Clubs
- Warehouse Club Memberships
- Annual Transit Pass (For the bus, subway, etc.)
- Community Garden Membership (grow your own eats!)
- Museum Membership: Support your local museums, and buy friends/family an annual pass
- Invest in Art: Buy art from local artists, they need the money during the holidays, too!
- Craft and Design Books
- DIY Patterns and Guides
- Starter Craft Kit: A starter box of craft or clothing repair supplies; for the uninitiated
- Sewing Machine
- Annual Pass for your local zoo, theatre, craft night, or other creative activities and events
[Special Mention: Homemade Art Kit] Assemble supplies you know the recipient will use. A sketchbook, pencil, kneaded eraser, and a pencil sharpener are the bare bones for a good art kit.
- First Aid Kit: Ointment, band-aids, bandages, and cold medicine, all in a cool first aid box.
- Starter Kitchen Kit: Kitchen basics for a cooking beginner.
- Car Care Kit: Motor oil, filters, wiper blades, floor mats, car washing supplies, etc.
- Housecleaning Kit: All house cleaning supplies have to be replaced eventually.
- Pet Supply Kit: Don't buy anyone a pet without a few month's worth of the pet's supplies.
[Special Mention: Lunch-Packing Kit] insulated tote-style lunch bag, lunch box or bento box, travel thermos. Everyone can save by packing their own lunch when they go out or go to work.)
What are YOUR Suggestions for the Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide?