I'm testing the products above, the ones listed below are my favorites. The TheraNeem products above were kindly provided as free samples.
I've been experimenting for two years (remember my hippie confession?) to find and create the best quality and inexpensive 100% natural skin/body care products. I'm confident in my data and ready to share favorites you can buy and make AND tips/tricks I've learned during my journey. My favorite products are concentrated so they last forever and give you the best bang for your buck:
1) Alaffia African Black Soap: Moisturizing, effective and inexpensive. One bottle lasts for months as body wash, face wash, shampoo, and shaving/hand soap. Buy here.
3) TheraNeem Balancing Therape Facial Oil Serum: I apply a couple of drops to my face at night after showering. I arise with dewy, even-textured skin that I don't have to wash or apply foundation to. Buy here.
4) Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: 100% Bentonite clay powder (this has no fillers) is magnetic and absorbs positively charged substances like heavy metals, bacteria, viruses, and chemical waste. I mix one tablespoon clay powder with one tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar, one $5.29 container can last 6 months to a year! You can even use it for internal detoxing, I use it to prevent or cure time-of-the-month breakouts. Buy here.
5) Kiss My Face Whitening Toothpaste: This doesn't contain sodium lauryl sulfate like most toothpastes. I love that they use a lot of mint oil, it's mintier than conventional toothpaste. Not sure it if whitens, I buy this one because it's the tastiest from their line. Buy here
6) Zambeezi Organic Beeswax Lip Balm, Tangerine: All-natural, tasty, and inexpensive. Buy here.
Note: I don't use shampoo or conditioner for now. I used coconut oil for body lotion but I'm testing Alaffia
and TheraNeem lotions right now. Both are awesome. The TheraNeem folks sent me seven samples and tons of information about their product two days after I e-mailed them about writing this article. They really care about their brand and the quality is excellent.
If you're struggling, I have a menu here that quickly and completely cleared up a stubborn break-out during my early twenties. I also love juicing, my skin is always radiant the next day when I have a green juice the night before. (Related: No Soap Challenge and Clear Skin with Food)
What do you use to keep clean from the inside out? Any DIY skincare or favorite all natural products to share? I'd love to read 'em! BTW, not paid to endorse anything in this post.