Reselling can be a very rewarding way to make income while selling thrifted wares. You can even downsize the clutter in your home and earn a living! Here's my at-a-glance starter's guide, go through it again if you're already a reseller, you may find new ideas for keeping organized! Bookmark if you're a beginner. It's time to stop putting it off. Let's get started:
1. For You? Really analyze the pros and cons (Stuff. EVERYWHERE!) Read: Frustration Confessions
2. Business Plan: Complete your business plan before you get started. Read: My fav biz plan
3. Taxes: Figure out how you'll keep track of sales and pay your taxes. Read: Tax Tips
4. Inventory: Track what you buy and sell in pedantic detail. Read: Keeping Track
5. Stockpile: Have your stockpile of wares to sell online organized and ready. Read: My Stockpile
6. Camera: Any camera will take great photos with patience. Invest in an SLR later. Read: Reseller Photos
7. Social Media: My blog and social media sites are big money makers. Get established! Read: Blog Checklist
8. Platform: Both Etsy & eBay are great choice. I use Etsy, and will use eBay soon. Read: Etsy Tips
9. Storage: You need organized storage for receipts, merch, photos, and packaging. Read: Reselling Station
10. Packaging: Buy in bulk via sites like Uline or Read: Free Packaging
My favorite aspect of reselling, or starting an online business, is the flexibility. You can sell make a full time living selling dinosaur and batman toys, groovy 1970s cowboy boots, or even vintage bras and panties! I'm grateful for the creative avenues for making your own income in an economy where many unemployed individuals need income to support themselves and their families! Let's get selling!
What are your reselling tips or questions? Did I leave anything out? Do share in the comments or send me a question if you have any.