No, I don't normally smile like this at my computer desk, but the planners and coffee are really here.
1. Make a Schedule: Make it detailed with time slots and everything so you can't stray.
2. Schedule Events: Schedule "work days" with friends, have them visit by 5 so your house HAS to be clean, etc.
3. Exercise: Try moving for 30 minutes a day, energy will flow, ideas will race.
4. Sleep: When I do get enough work flows MUCH better. Throw in 8+ cups of water/day while you're at it!
5. Breaks: Long or short, when you can't take it anymore take a break. Return to work fresh.
6. Vent: Vent every bitter thought to a good friend. You can't write them in a diary, too. It helps.
7. Scenery Change: Vital for creatives, you cannot make in a bubble. Walk. Go somewhere new.
8. Essential Oil: Keep some by your work space to sniff/apply. Rosemary/citrus scents are energizing.
9. Caffeine: It's a mood and energy booster, I use it very sparingly to avoid dependency.
10. Re-Arrange/Cleab: It's another fact that humans thrive in a non-cluttered clean environment. Re-arrange your work space. Cut all clutter, you'll feel better.
Do tell, what do you do to boost morale and get back to work when times are tough? I'm doing all of the above and it's awesome. Today for a change opened all my apartment windows, I can hear dozens of birds chirping outside and it's lovely...