Recipe for Vegan Pad Thai Goodness:
- 2 Spiralized Zucchini or 1 Pack of Kelp Noodles*
- 1/4 Cup of Raw Nuts, soaked for 2 hours or more (I prefer walnuts, cashews, or almonds)
- 1-2 tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce or bragg's liquid aminos)
- 1-4 teaspoons of sesame oil to taste
- 1/2 cup julliened purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Lime (optional)
- I like to top with pine nuts when I have 'em around (optional)
*I spiralize my zucchini into noodles with this spiralizer. You can also peel your zucchini over and over again with a veggie peeler to make fat fettuccine style noodles.
I mix all the ingredients but the noodles, cabbage, and red pepper in my vitamix blender to make the pad thai sauce, then pour it over my noodles, cabbage, and red bell pepper in a big bowl and toss. You can garnish or serve with squeezed lime. Damn this looks good, might have to get this together for lunch!
What's your go-to clean out the fridge recipe? This one's one of my favorites, it's impossible to mess it up!