I always love to end the year by accomplishing a specific list of action steps so I start my next year's mission with a fresh slate. Here are my 14 Before 2014 goals. I'd love if you shared your own in the comments! The trick is to make them small, very doable steps. We're already busy enough during the holiday season without having to tackle huge projects.
1) Go through house with a trash bag and a "donation" box and deep purge. No Regrets. No Mercy.
2) Dust and clean the house from top to bottom, from the ceiling to the floor boards.
3) Sweep, mop, and scrub every floor in the house thoroughly. Then make this a no-shoe apartment!
4) Clear off every apartment counter, clean it, then replace collections thoughtfully.
5) Create my "thrifty photography station" (Post on that coming.)
6) List All Excess Apartment Furniture, Lamps, and Vintage Artwork Collection on Craigslist.
7) Put the vanity in my bedroom together. The mirror is tucked behind it improperly. Drives me nuts.
8) Finish hanging my art collections according to the art gallery hanging rule.
9) Finalize my merchandise storage plan and implement it! Even if I have to buy it!
10) Curate and purge my wardrobe. (Creative post on this upcoming, too.)
11) Designate a place for every work supply and have it documented in a spreadsheet.
12) Have all of my income/expenses added up, filed away, and ready for taxes. (Post soon!)
13) Finish writing my "Apartment Challenge", "Thrifty 2014 Challenge" & "Big Dreams" posts.
14) Go see and document the beautiful Christmas Lights in St. Augustine. Window shop for inspiration and eat at my favorite raw vegan cafe (Present Moment) while I'm at it. A complete day off, lawd knows I need one!
Bonus: Finish reading and taking notes on Handmade Success! & Finish Editorial Calendar for 2014.
I'm looking forward to pushing the envelope with journalism on Thrift Core, finding rad new creative spaces to share and urging others to reach their full potential in health, in their homes, and creatively. I want to work with creators, share off their spaces and processes and make this a space of learning and inspiration. Every day is an opportunity to improve, I love my job :) ! Even when it forces me to trash my house and then make an exhaustive list to get it back to it's former glory, haha.
What are your big goals before 2013 ends? Any big goals for 2014? Do share, it helps keep us accountable!