The following 10 tips are important ones from getting un-stuck from a rut and really working hard so you can earn more:
1. You Get What You Put into it, So Work Hard: Really dedicate yourself to your tasks and you'll see results. Most of us (myself included) are not applying ourselves as hard as possible. Let's try it.
2. Work Smarter: Do more hard work in less time, resist distractions. Setting a timer helps me do more work in less time, strict time limits help with creativity.
3. Delegate: I still struggle with this one, indie biz owners can be independent to a fault. Know when it's time to outsource and ask for help to save time, money, or get unstuck.
4. Will Power: The trouble with creative work, you can always choose when inspiration strikes. Set work hours an rules, stick to them. The muse/work flow will often come once you push through it.
5. Rest: When you're working hard, sticking to work hours and rules and delegating you can take breaks without guilt. And you need the reprieve to stay inspired.
6. Diversify: Change-up Your Tasks throughout the day or week. Re-arrange your office or work in a cafe for a day. Get Out. Walk around your neighborhood or a park. Window shop. This keeps you inspired and re-charged.
(Tip: Clearing out stagnant merchandise or cleaning my house- since I work at home, really helps.)
7. Automate: Automate as many tasks as possible. Income sources, social media updates, camera settings, these little things add up to lots of saved time.
8. Always Improve: Take classes, read e-Books and regular books, go back to school, network and do trades, practice, find a mentor, be a mentor, hire a coach. Never stop improving and innovating.
9. Treat Yourself: Treat yourself for your successes, the bigger the accomplishment the bigger the rewards.
10. Remember Your Blessings When Shit Gets Tough: If you're not at least occasionally stressed or uninspired you're not going hard enough. You ain't doing it right. I like to stop and remember my blessings: you're here reading this, you're alive, yay! You're working toward your dreams, you have people who love you. Life's short, let's try not to get caught up in self-defeating thoughts for too long.
/Comments off. Back to work for me! I'm collaborating on a new venture and hunting down some items for a new line today.