I tried to start a cafe (investor fell through) and I've been working at earning money for myself independently for three years. I've learned and grown so much, but that's a post for another day. I'll just say that I'm happier in the best ways: health-wise, emotionally (I've fallen in love!). I'm now focusing on building a new brand, income sources, and stability for the future. While having fun and seeing the world, dammit. Life's too short not to experience as much as possible!
These are 27 simple goals to finish before 28.
4. Dust and mop my apartment from top to bottom.
5. Re-Do my Track This (my fav business plan) business plan guide (helps you plan decades ahead)
6. Make an Editorial Schedule for this blog into next year!
7. Design the new blog layout (Thrift Core's name is changing) and cards, order the cards
8. Update linked-in profile and resume
9. Finally choose and start to obtain a new bicycle to replace my stolen one (now that my mourning period is up *sniffle*)
10. Go on a St. Augustine date with AJ - or better yet, road trip to somewhere very Halloween-y?
11. Go on at least one long "Thrift Adventure" with my mom and/or some thrifty pals
12. Go through my secret "better blog" plan and check off everything on the list (in a fresh notebook)
13. Finish one motivational/improvement book taking notes along the way (also gets a new bookie)
14. Apply to 10 writing jobs
16. Make a goal notebook and fill it with new dreams for 28 and beyond, it's always an evolution
17. Try a new note-taking method (one was recommended to me on Instagram wanna try it)
18. Make a new raw vegan pumpkin pie recipe (lemme know if you want it, and/or the one below)
21. Watch 5 horror flicks, write my next horror movie recommendation October post (read #1 and #2)
22. Make a business plan for my vintage/upcycled line
23. Promote the hell out of my Etsy Clearance + Promote my local sales on Craigslist daily.
24. Make and blog about making 5 new things.
25. Scrub the bathrooms.
26. Finish planning with my business coach and draft my PR/future business planning (including detailed revenue and marketing goals) from her notes.
*Check out my Antique Mall Booth at Southern Crossing if you're local! I'm marking everything I have on clearance today
Miracle Goal: Finish the first draft of my Reseller EBook?
Bonus 2: Sneak into a graveyard at night, take photos. A call-back to silly carefree times when I did just this. Perhaps stay at The Hostel in the Woods again? And if magic time expansion exists: Schedule photoshoot with that guy who wants to help with my portfolio /capture creatives
What are some short-term goals you have lately? How do you feel around your birthday time? I feel pensive, grateful, and inspired. And strange, it's weird, too.