Our bodies absorb 60% of what's put on our skin! Children's bodies absorb 40%-50% more than adults.
Some of the health issues linked to toxic chemicals from body care products in the body include:
(1) skin allergies (2) cancer (3) infertility (4) birth defects (5) reproductive problems and (6) learning disabilities!
This is all due to the endocrine system disrupting chemicals in conventional body care products! You can avoid all of this by making your own or buying natural skin care products. Right now I'm developing my own line of body care products, I've been giving out testers to people of different ages and skin care types and the results are all positive. I'm excited to launch! In the meantime, I thought I'd make a post to share my natural recipes and information from over the years. These are your "beginner" recipes. I now hold three herbalism certifications and I'm working towards more, I've learned how to make more complex herbal compounds and super-healing formulations that I'll soon be selling. It brings me so much joy to harness the power of plants for healing. But these old simple recipes work and I stand by them.
- DIY Organic Mouthwash Recipes + DIY Whitening Toothpaste and Simple Mouth Care
- Best. Deodorant. Ever! Thrifty DIY Peppermint Deodorant
- DIY Simple Pour and Melt Soap
- DIY Natural and Healthy Lush-Style Bath Bombs
- DIY Organic Homemade Toothpaste + Better Breath Hypothosis
- Easy DIY Natural Dry Shampoo For Blondes and Brunettes + Answering All of Your No Poo Questions
- Desert Island Survival Product #1: Baking Soda
- Desert Island Survival Product #2: Coconut Oil
- Desert Island Survival Product #3: Honey
- Thrifty, Easy, 100% Natural Cleaning Routine. How Do You Get Clean? (This has changed. Will update.)
- Raw Vegan 101: My Natural Feeding and Cleaning Routines
- The Healthy Skin Diet + 100% Natural Way to Stop a Breakout
- No Poo: Why to Forego Shampoo and How it Will Reveal Your Healthiest Hair, Ever
- Get Clear, Beautiful Skin With Food (Working on follow-ups.)
- Could You Go One Week Without Soap?
- Positive Body Image: My Favorite Tips, Tricks, and Websites For Overcoming Body Insecurity
- Positive Body Image is Thrifty: Join the Hippie Side, Luke
Sources used for chemical product stats in this post and future related posts:
/Comments Off but hit me up via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or E-mail if you have any questions on the topic. I'm studying and experimenting and will be writing and sharing related eBooks as soon as possible. I'll have more details soon but I'll also be selling the my products and some vintage at two different markets this weekend.
For real, reach out if you have any questions, I know how it feels to struggle with health/weight/skin/hair (I have the driest. hair. ever. DRYdrydrydry. And oily-ass skin.) issues and never mind helping people out with what I've learned.