I'll expand later, but the KonMari method works for everyone because you go through all of your possessions category by category and purge every single thing that doesn't "Spark Joy." I thought I would never understand what it felt like for any object to literally "Spark Joy" for me, the ability wasn't honed the first day, but now, it's second nature. This is how I was finally able to break it down: You know an item Sparks Joy when you hold it in your hands and it gives you the exact same excitement it did when you first bought it. BUT in order to keep it, this item must Spark Joy AND produce no doubts in your mind.
And this is hard, you won't have a lot of items like this.
The first couple days I kept a lot of items with small doubts for one reason or another, but by the third day, I knew I had to let them go! I'm going to sell the rest of my wares at a flea market and and a yard sale, but these items, I cannot donate or sell. They all spark joy for me and they're just dear to my heart, and I want someone who will adore them to inherit them. This giveaway includes:
1) The Grooviest 1970s sweater you ever saw
2) Ceramic maneki neko kitty cat
3) Banner I bought in a 100-yen store in Okinawa Japan
4) Vintage classic Ninja Turtles Game Board and Numble Game Board
5) Small Transformer
6) Custom-upcycled "Hooked on Energon" Transformers t-shirt, cut into a flattering tank
7) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Coming Out of Our Shells Tour Behind-the-Scenes
I hate donating vintage to thrift stores because more than once while I've done it, the worker BROKE THE ITEMS BEFORE MY EYES by throwing them in a bin! A beautiful vintage item can survive for decades, then 2 year with me, just to be obliterated before me, it's such a profound waste! I'd rather give them away then put them into the trash the long-way. (Here, the items go to the Goodwill by-the-pound store and then the landfill if it'd not bought!)
- Leave a comment telling me your favorite scent :)
For Extra Entries:
- Leave another comment that counts for another entry if you follow me on Twitter
- Leave another comment that counts for another entry if you follow me on Facebook
- Leave another comment that counts for another entry if you follow me on Instagram
- Leave another comment that counts for another entry if you follow me on BlogLovin'
- Leave another comment that counts for another entry if you follow my new Etsy Shop
- Leave another comment with the Transformers Universal Greeting for another entry :D!
So About That VHS...
My dad bought home the VHS for the "Coming Out of Our Shells" tour one day and I loved the hell out of it! I still know the songs by heart, and really, for something made to babysit the children of exhausted parents, the music is pretty good. April 'O Neil in the show has some serious pipes and is a legit stage performer. Re-watching it ironically as an adults is funny for the following gems:
(1) Dancing hula-skirt gator (just go with it) gets her tail caught on a trap door on stage (2) The Shredder's costume looks like cardboard + aluminum foil (3) In a bid to make the cheap costume work, The Shredder has triangle eyebrows.(4) The Shredder sings about hating music- say that out loud; it will make even less sense (5) An interlude with the Shredder "playfully" insulting the audience that could actually put the kids in therapy. When Shredder says "Tell you MOM to meet me backstage!" and "Is that your cousin? What? Couldn't get a real date?" Magic happens. (6) Splinter's egregiously bad singing voice over that doesn't match his speaking one. It's like STING doing the voice over for MR. MIAGI, (7) AND BEST OF ALL- the end of Splinter's "skipping stone" song sounds hilariously orgasmic. Hey, I re-watched this when I was 16, I
So yes, as you can see, a piece of my soul going out to one lucky winner! That VHS above is not the one from my childhood and it's the behind-the-scenes and not the show, but it's clever because it's a behind-the-scenes with the turtles in character. The performers put their all into performers that could have easily been half-assed, so of course, I love it! Watch the show on YouTube if you haven't!
I'll announce the winner this time next week. Good luck!