- 1 Cups Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Citric Acid
- 30 Drops Essential Oil
- Gloves and Mask (for mixing, mask optional)
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Mold, Any Shape (I used a flower-shaped silicone mold. You can use robots, fun shapes, or simple shapes)
Good Essential Oils for Cleaning: Peppermint, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Tea Tree Oil, Pine, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Thyme.
Tea tree oil and Thyme are powerful anti-fungals, anti-bacterials and mold killing, a couple of drops with any scent you choose will be helpful. BUT all of these oils are inexpensive and excellent for cleaning.
1) Mix the baking soda and citric acid evenly in a bowl wearing gloves to protect your hands.
2) Spray this mixture with water as needed, gingerly. It should feel like moist sand.
3) Add your essentials oils and mix evenly.
4) Press your mixture into your silicone mold, hard! So the bombs stay together.
5) Let your bombs dry overnight, then bag them for gifts or put them in an airtight jar to use later!
These bombs will pre-clean muck, keep garbage disposals fresh, and just make your home smell delicious in general! They're simple and inexpensive to make, perhaps consider these if you're still mixing up last-minute crafts for gift giving- or use them in your own home to clean up. For spring I may share an advanced recipe with enzymes and extra cleaning power.
Anyone else still getting it together for Christmas?! I'm still hanging lights, but I do believe my home is stuffed with enough homemade goods for everyone by now, ha!