My Philadelphia and Vegas adventure was so necessary. This was my first week off from work in three years. I was run down not merely from overwork, but the bizarre betrayal incident I alluded to in my Risk post. I left Jacksonville broken-hearted, anxious, and tired. I returned revitalized.
[Glued to the hotel window, I watched the scene outside transform]
Tuesday night Kira and I arrived in Vegas (We had a Boondocks and Transformers marathon on the 5 hour flight there, it was lovely)! Glued to the 30th floor hotel window, I watched the Vegas scene transform from daytime to the glittering night view.
[Snuck into the pool. Watched people on Cops. Watched people pass out.]
The rest of the days were spent exploring every crevice possible, basically walking the entire strip from one end to the other. I wanted to leave the strip to go thrifting, but we never found a chance before my four days in Vegas were up. The environment was addictive, and strangely homey for me.
Highlights of my Vegas/Philly Trip:
- Philadelphia's China Town
- Introducing Kira to "Transformers the Movie" (1986) and "The Boondocks"
- Walking, walking, walking the night and day away
- Sneaking into the Ceaser's Palace pool, subsequently being escorted out of the casino by security
- Dubbing the specter the kept causing Kira and I to lose our paperwork "Luigi"
- Tipsy conversations with people from all around the world
- Magically surviving the trip without losing anything vital or breaking my camera
- Watching the Vegas view gradually shift from day to night, growing more splendid every second
I'm glad to be back in the mood for solitary adventuring around my deliciously tacky Florida home. I hope you won't mind when I share bits of my adventures here on the blog, of course I'll stop at our numerous thrift and junking stops along the way!
Make sure you go on an adventure this weekend, too!