This year I'm sharing monthly business and personal goal updates. It holds me accountable and it gives you a behind-the-scenes on a free-spirited soloprenuer (and naturally, broke, ha!) student's lifestyle. It's been a crazy, but rewarding month full of new experiences. Behold!:
January Business Progress:
- Lost $$$ on my antique mall booth. No time! Downsizing to a tiny one next month.
- Excitedly doing Web Marketing for two local natural living indie businesses.
- Copyeditor and designer for a quarterly local natural living magazine!
- Testing for our organic body care line going amazingly well! Soft release soon.
- Raised item prices, earning more without slaving. Win/win/win.
- Teaching bi-monthly raw vegan cooking classes. Merch/books to come.
- Less blogging cured my sleep deprivation woes! Cognitive ability level-up.
Been making and playing with kombucha flavorings. Post to come!
January Personal Progress:
- Now a full-time student studying herbalism and nutrition. Dream come true!
- Increasing weight & challenge with each gym visit. Making future torture-plans. Gym=torture.
- Sold more house clutter for $200, will sell the rest next week. Less clutter=clear mind.
- Let myself work/stress less and sleep more. Feeling much healthier for it.
- Streamlined/beautified the home. More progress to come; ongoing.
- Started beautiful seedlings, will start more and get gardening this year.
- Taking lots of creative/craft classes.
- Corrected my calorie/protein levels. It took another fainting spell (in class; pathetic) to force change. I'd forget to eat + didn't realize how much more I need to eat as a now active person.
A few of our soaps and products, curing. They smell INCREDIBLE. All testing going well.
Some herbalism homework. I happily sharpened my prismacolors for the Botany book!
- Need more blog posts finished well in advance.
- Antique mall income fail. Income drop in general.
- I didn't get outside daily as intended, even with my challenge.
- Client work took over, need to balance time better.
- Didn't set aside daily meditation/reading time. Must rectify.
Can't wait to order herb seeds and plant some more babies. Our body care line will have organic, home-grown, healing herbs infused within!
- Soft opening for my body care line
- Fill up editorial schedule
- 5 photoshoots/interviews
- DO DAILY: Get Outside/Explore, Read, Meditate, Work on eBooks
- Re-shoot ALL current merchandise for Etsy.
- Use a timer to get client work done faster. Focus!
- Entering a Feb. daily workout and class contest.
- Make a better schedule/system to fit everything in!
- Get progress on my art lines, move along to the next step.
- Move focus make to profit in February, will share the results.
Our hot water heater heater was out for 22 days straight! Suffering from a cold and desperate, I heated water for my bath on the stove! Also, washer/dryer literally burned out and we had to call the fire department! Got laundry to catch up on as soon as this post is done, it's piled on my couch...
I NEED YO HELP: I'd love your articles for my blog and magazine project! I'm looking to post home tours, collections, business interviews, artist interviews, DIYs, and interesting informative posts. Please e-mail me, I'd love to interview and share your home. If you're local, my camera longs intrude on my life. Contact me!
My mom and niece making bath bombs in one the many creative classes at Green Lotus Studios
A small peek at my first cooking class. Was fun to buy some colorful cutting boards for it.
That's a wrap, January. One more week to go.
I could have done better, but overall, January was a success. Yesterday I completely mentally and physically exhausted myself; it was awesome to finally feel that way again. I've needed to really challenge my mind to work those creative brain muscles and my new classes and gigs have re-booted my system.
How has your January been thus far with sales, personal life, goal following up? And seriously, if you're lurking and want to collaborate/have me write about you/have questions, let me know! I want to work with you.