Ah, I remember the flurry and excitement I had at the start of 2014. I started publishing posts every single day, posted an ambitious editorial schedule, purchased fun new photography back-drops to work with an declared my intention to touch each item on an epic list of projects. This year I learned my lesson, I'm much more sedate about it. I'll plan and share some better routines for staying productive but these are my main resolutions. The theme is rest to level out my hyperactive right-brain!
1. Get outside and explore more often, I rarely did so in 2014. Ride my bike, take walks and hikes, explore abandoned places, garden, go on more photo adventures.
2. Summon spirituality. I'm doing this through practicing feng sui principles. Nothing too drastic, just a little more quiet, mindful time. Even if it's sipping tea and doodling or taking notes.
3. Be Compassionate. Tackle a project bigger than "myself" that helps people.
4. READ! I've nearly stopped reading books, read all the things! I have a giant pile to get to, will most monthly updates.
5. Write/Study. Set aside a couple of days weekly to write, research, and study. I plan to ride the bike to the downtown library to do this, goal double-duty!
Yoga/Meditation "Glass House" at The Hostel in the Forest
That'll do for now! I spent the year building up good eating and exercise habits. My big problem is giving myself time to recharge creative juices so I can work more productively. I will update on my progress. My main focuses business/creativity wise are:
(1) Finishing my master herbalism training, enjoying the hell out of it!
(2) Starting my 100% natural body care line with my mom and boyfriend
(3) Upcycled line (art, clothes)
(4) Reselling, smaller scale, only mid century modern or very unique items
(5) Secret upcoming projects for Thrift Core like eBooks, before/after projects and DIYs. I want Thrift Core to be a big main focus again! I adore creating content, researching, and writing like crazy.
- Last year I wrote about how to program your new years resolutions (Science!)
- Honest update on my epic project list from 2014. Now it's a project list for 2015, totally okay with that!
- Organized home checklist, turn your messy life to streamlined efficiency: Still stand by this guide from last year. I want to do more mosts on minimizing/streamlining as the theme for January this year!
What are your new years resolutions for 2015? I, of course, have more teaching posts to come. I like to start the year with a weight-loss tips post but wanted to research a little more first this time :)