Phase 1 of my new booth, I rushed a move in, going to perfect it over time. Far from finished! Bad phone photo.
Sales were thankfully steady and added up to a good amount this month, which is perfect because I haven't managed my time well or worked very hard on my shops. I rushed and moved into my new booth at Southern Crossing on Tuesday, I only had two hours; will work on perfecting it today.
Thrift Core Blogging Updates
Preview of tomorrow's post, never before seen antique store! Hope you'll check it out, the shop is beautiful.
Decision paralysis and perfectionist streaks continue to hold me back from making the exact content I want, paired with writer's block. I'm working on a new editorial schedule and style, I want more of an emphasis on research, storytelling, activism, and my personal life/experiences. Posts I have scheduled next month include:
- tours of never-before-seen spaces - interviews with indie business owners/artists/makers - gardening/whole living DIYs and informative posts - My Art and DIYS - home tours and before/afters, -funny and helpful personal stories.
Detox: I let myself get off the wagon with eating and I see and feel the difference so I'm going back on the detox in Ani's Phyo's Book. I wrote about the salads here and posted a review here, it's easy to do, tasty, and I always feel very healthy on it. I'll follow-up with results.
I'm also making new friends and plotting lots of fresh new explorations (so good to maintain a creative state!), plotting work-outs, starting a new writing/marketing job and going through the school re-enrolling process. Still choosing between journalism and photography, my two loves.
Need to Improve
-Scheduling, time management, and organization as always but it's actively improving, at least
To-Do List Update
I made the necessary switches to my master to-do list, here's the latest one's progress with some due-dates to keep me more accountable!
1. Fill eBay store to the brim (they have new seller limits, boo! I'd have it to 500+ now if I could.) - Due Date 5/1/2014
2. Get Every. Single. Vintage. Item in this apartment not yet on Etsy on it! 5/6/2014
4. Organize all art supplies then list their locations in a spreadsheet. 5/1/2014
5. Get every single piece of merchandise into my merchandise spreadsheet w/ it's apartment location. 5/1/2014
6. Merchandise Clearance Yard Sale (Will update on the date)
7. Tackle and complete vintage book page ephemera line. Plan. Organize. Scan Pages. Stage. Upload. 5/16/2014
9. Finish my Indie Business eBook and get it online to help Indie Biz Owners Get Workin'! 5/23/2014 - will try sooner
10. Focus on PROFIT: Get $5K worth of inventory "out" into the world 5/23/2014
12. Start my fresh home project for my friends/family that need it, too.
13. New biz plan.
NEW ONES for the rest of May thus far.
16. Re-shoot my oldest/worst photos 5/2/2014
17. Host a mini- clearance to move merchandise IF the interest is there- YOU game for a big fat clearance? - up in the air, may not do this without demand
18. Order banner and business cards, maybe some nice new labels and freebies to send out to customers 5/1/2014
19. Finish my blog archiving process for easy scanning of past articles, doing this by-hand for years worth of writing, takes a while! 5/1/2014
20. One month ahead on high quality blog content! 5/16/2014
21. Apply for 5 magazine and/or website writing jobs. 5/2/2014
22. Perfect a new schedule and to-do lists that ensure all my work is done on time so I can have more time off to go play and explore! 5/1/2014
And that's life lately! Lots going on but I'm excited for the direction I'm moving in. I don't have everything exactly where it should be, maybe we never will, as life's such an evolving journey, but I feel so much closer on a lot of areas I haven't before. Back to work with me! What have you got planned for May?